We have a busy few weeks coming up in Junior Infants. Take a look at some of the activities below:
- Art for All Day this Friday – the children go to each junior infant classroom to create a piece of art with each teacher. The whole day is dedicated to making Christmas art/ decorations. Thank you to all the parents who have volunteered to help out on the day! Please send in the painting shirts as soon as possible.
- We are busy practising songs for our Christmas play which will take place in December. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Our colours this week are gold and silver – very apt for the build up to Christmas!
- Thank you to all who have sent in a picture of your child from when they were a baby – we will be working on personal timelines soon so the photos will help a great deal
- We were lucky to be supplied with a high visibility jackets for each child in Junior Infants and we have been practising safe ways to cross the road. It is lovely to see the children wearing their jackets in the mornings -especially now that it is dark.
- Finally, our letter this week is /i/. We follow the Jolly Phonics programme which involves a story, a song and an action. Feel free to look up the songs on youtube.com, here is the /i/ song: